Quantar Simulcast

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

PWRMAD
New User
What radios do you own?: all of them!

Quantar Simulcast

Post by PWRMAD »

Hi
I am trying to configure a Quantar for simulcast operation using the 50 pin telco interface on the rear of the unit. I would like to connect the TX audio to pin 9 Gen TX Data - and pin 34 Gen TX Data +. Here comes the hard part what is the wildcard configuration to allow the me to turn on the transmitter and pass simulcast audio. I know how to configure the wildcard to pass line audio but I to pass wide band simulcast audio. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys
Randy
Bill_G

Re: Quantar Simulcast

Post by Bill_G »

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Pins 9 and 34 are the correct pins to use for simulcast audio input. To use that WB input, you need to set up the wildcard table, define a function, and wire it up correctly.

I typically use input 9 - an optoisolator - on pins 22(+) and 47(-) for the external PTT input. Jumper 22 to 8 (5vdc) to provide bias to the input. Put your external PTT on pin 47. When PTT goes low, it activates the station PTT via the rules in the wildcard table.

To set up the wildcard table, you have to do it in reverse Polish notation. Define a table EXT PTT, State = INPUT 9 (use drop down menu), condition blank, no other states, Action = DEKEY FROM WB, Inaction = KEY FROM WB.

There you go. Rock on.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”