2 Site + 2 DIU3000 + V.24 = Help

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

syscon411
New User

2 Site + 2 DIU3000 + V.24 = Help

Post by syscon411 »

Ok I have 2 sites currently connect via v.24 , Quantar to Quantar. we are using p25 only, no analog.

(quantar v.24 Area1/Ch1) -- (v.24 cisco router) --(Internet) -- (v.24 cisco router) -- (v.24 quantar - Area2/Ch2)

I need to add 2 DIU3000s to each site so we can have a phone patch.(for the phone guys here, this is for toll bypass across both channels)

Since the Quantars both have a 4 wire WL card which results in a single usable v.24 port per unit. and the DIU's have a single v.24 port, how the heck can i make this works using only v.24?

(Oh and does anyone know hoe to upgrade the algorithm in the DIU crypto module to AES? - Not a big priority, but would be nice)

Thanks for reading and any input!

-Jb
motorola_otaku

Re: 2 Site + 2 DIU3000 + V.24 = Help

Post by motorola_otaku »

You need an AstroTAC 3000 to act as the hub for both Quantars and both DIUs. No way around it in your desired config, unfortunately.

Algo upgrades for DIU crypto boards are NLA from M, so you're on your own there.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”