Quantar behavior

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

chrismec
New User

Quantar behavior

Post by chrismec »

Hi all! Recently started working with Quantar repeaters and have a quick question about how the radio behaves when receiving. Little back story, currently having an issue with a remote site not reaching the repeater. Other sites can reach OK. Normally with a good receive signal the radio illuminates the the RX active led. With this one site that is not sufficiently reaching the radio, I can hear a relay click in the radio but the led does not illuminate. So my question is, the sound of the relay click happens when? Is it on any detected signal on the appropriate channel or is it with valid NAC or something else maybe? I'm guessing it is when the receiver detects an on channel signal, but am new with these radios so hoping to get some info. Thanks for any advice!
wa6ylb

Re: Quantar behavior

Post by wa6ylb »

You can open the Squelch of the station with the push buttons on the face of the receiver. I suspect your hearing a signal with an incorrect PL/DPL or NAC if in P25 mode.
B.
chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

Re: Quantar behavior

Post by chartofmaryland »

Concur with B.

The RX Active light is on when the receive qualifiers are validated based on the RX settings for the channel to include the Access Code settings and Repeater Active settings shown toward the bottom of the Channel page in the RSS tool

Clicks are a sign that your base radio is transmitting on the repeater receive frequency but likely is missing the NAC or PL to match the programming

Almost there

CoM
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”