More MSR2000 questions...

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Woody_99
Batboard $upporter

More MSR2000 questions...

Post by Woody_99 »

Looking for a service manual...

Ok, borrowed some elements and this thing works great. Now, on the RX card, there is a small rectangular hole in the tuning strip, about half an inch square. In that hole is small half-inch card that fits into guides on the sides. There is a tuning slug on the card. What is that? (adjustment L153)

I'm looking at International Crystal to do the elements for me to change to the ham band. Any advice/suggestions other than International?

Thanks!
•·•·•

Woody

---Please use the EMAIL button, not PM, tnx!---
Will

Post by Will »

That is the receiver pre-amp.
I usally just get the crystals from Bomar or Sentry and change them out in the channel element. If you are going to have that puppy in a place where there are extream tempature changes, go with a fully recompensated element like International does, but way more money.
Woody_99
Batboard $upporter

re: da big freeze

Post by Woody_99 »

Well, it'll be on top of a mountain in WV... last time I went up there it was 98 degrees.... I opened the door to the Rohn building and the window A/C kicked on, spewing refrigerant and oil everywhere with a loud bang. I'm betting it's still not fixed.
In the winter, there's only a small wall heater so unfortunately, I'm stuck with extremes. It looks like it's gonna be $100 for the tx/rx set.. <eek!>
•·•·•

Woody

---Please use the EMAIL button, not PM, tnx!---

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”