Echostation autopatch thoughts?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Nickdap

Echostation autopatch thoughts?

Post by Nickdap »

Hi,

Looking for peoples thoughts on echostation for an autopatch. I've heard that people have had trubble with the fast switching rate at which the program samples the rx for a signal. But I've also heard that others have had no problems with their trancvrs. I assume that older radios which use a relay would have more trubble then newer radios.

At what rate does the program sample? I know this method is to keep the radio end in control of the link but does it clip out any voice on the phone line side?

Thanks for any input.

Nick
n9upc

Post by n9upc »

Well before this topic gets locked as some would say it is not Motorola related, I would suggest the echolink group on yahoo.

I do not think there is a really good way to do it as you may then have to route audio via a comm port sense and not use the vox method that some people including myself use.

Either way good luck and if your on connect to me either on my test link (N9UPC-L) or directly.
" ah the fatman made a funny!" - Stewie from the family guy.

I went to the doctor and all he did was just suck blood. Never go to Dr Acula - M. Hedberg
Nickdap

Post by Nickdap »

echostation does not support vox while in simplex autopatch mode. I neglected to note that I was purely using echostation as a simplex autopatch.

It is the serial sense for the COR output that I hear some people have trubble with. Well trubble when it comes to the fast switching performed by this method.

nick
kg4lmt

Post by kg4lmt »

He's talking about the computer repeater controller software not the voip program.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”