Centracom T1600

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n8wel

Centracom T1600

Post by n8wel »

It is possible to switch out the DC remote board to a Tone remote board without any issues or damage? or is the unit set to be DC and cannot be changed on the Mini Centracom console? The termination unit is tone and have a tone card for the centracom. Thanks in advance.
Dan562
What radios do you own?: Kenwood, Yaesu, ICOM, Motorola

T1600 Series Remote Console

Post by Dan562 »

This T1600 Series Desktop Remote Console can be configured as either DC or TRC. You'll need the service manual Part # 68-81015E55 TRC for verifying the JU Jumper configurations but otherwise the console should work as any other unit would.
Alan

Post by Alan »

No offence to N8wel, but I am having a real hard time wraping my head around a T1600 being called a Mini CentraCom.
It's like calling a Lada a mini Cadilac
Will

Post by Will »

Alan. I will have to agree, the T1600's are just a good ole Remote! Micor vintage.
Alan

Post by Alan »

They were a great remotes. About 5 watts of RX audio. You could drive extra speakers. Easy to interface extra mics. There is nothing like it out there today.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”