MSF5000 CLB question

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N9LLO

MSF5000 CLB question

Post by N9LLO »

Is there a way to program the CLB version of the MSF5000 to drop the PL/DPL encode during the repeater hang time when no COR is present?
This would greatly improve my trunked to conventional patch.

As it stands I cant TX from the trunked system to the MSF during the hang time, I am using a maxtrac to supply COR to the trunking CEB to get rid of the VOX delay and it shows the channel busy during the hang time.

Mabey there is a better way all together?

Chris
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Kill the hang time?
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

Well....., I dont really want to kill the hang time. Is there a way to fire an output relay on the CEB when a specific talkgroup is active? I could use that to shunt the cor signal from the maxtrac.

Chris
N9LLO
xmo

Post by xmo »

You might be able to make that happen with a wildcard module. Set the card up to decode the Mux-bus state for R1 PL Detect. Then invert that signal to drive TX PL Disable so that the only time the transmitter could generate PL is when the receiver is receiving PL.

I have not tried this but it is a place to start.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”