MC2500 Console

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Spatch713

MC2500 Console

Post by Spatch713 »

Does anyone know how to get the MC2500 console to sound a sidetone when transmitting? I need to set a sizeable sidetone delay due to our repeater system being slow. I have set MDC on Pre-PTT but there is no side tone.

Any help appreciated.
The image is cracked but so is the view...
wavetar
Administrator

Re: MC2500 Console

Post by wavetar »

Spatch713 wrote:Does anyone know how to get the MC2500 console to sound a sidetone when transmitting? I need to set a sizeable sidetone delay due to our repeater system being slow. I have set MDC on Pre-PTT but there is no side tone.

Any help appreciated.
I don't have one here to test with, but there's a couple of things you can try. Since you're using MDC & have set it to 'Pre', there's the choice of 'silent' or 'bit sync' pretime signalling mode. I have no idea if 'bit sync' makes a noise, but I assume it must if the other choice is 'silent'. Give that a try.

If that doesn't work, then you can try setting the "talk permit tone detection on" in the first channel configuration screen. This tells the remote to detect a talk permit tone from the base radio. The next screen is 'talk permit tone setup'. The 'time out' value is how long the remote will wait to receive a talk permit tone from the base. After the timer expires, I don't know if the remote will issue some sort of tone, and then allow you to speak, or if it just errors out & does nothing...you'll have to try it & see.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

We just installed MC2000 desksets with full MDC signalling.
We tried everything to get prekey sidetone without luck.
Went to Motorola and the actual manufacturer (CML). They said "why would you want that?", then they said "can't you turn it on on the base station" (which clearly would not help).

In the end it was confirmed that the MC2000 does not have sidetone for the MDC pre time.

A major oversight, but don't count on it being fixed any time soon.
Spatch713

Post by Spatch713 »

Thats a real bummer.... how do you forget something like that?

I understand that MDC on a base setup is unusual but in this case it would be helpful. Our dispatch center has all sorts of unusual UHF to low band crossband repeaters. Unfortunatly ours has a good 500-600ms delay in keying the low band radio which cuts off the BOT. We have MDC on all mobiles and portables now to help with this reason as well as PTT ID and Radio Check.

I did notice that with Pre MDC enabled the display on the MC2500 says "wait" then "talk" at the right times.
The image is cracked but so is the view...

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”