Motorola VoIP dispatch console released

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RFguy

Motorola VoIP dispatch console released

Post by RFguy »

motor59
Batboard $upporter

Post by motor59 »

Anybody actually seem this product yet?
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

It was released early year and shown off at APCO in Denver.
It is only available for P25 systems.
It was available for Tetra first but as per usual NA is way behind on technology releases.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

It was available for Tetra first but as per usual NA is way behind on technology releases.
You must be thinking of a different product. This is not a "system" based product that operates on a particular system platform (P25, SmartZone etc).
It is a VOIP contol of anything the adapter will interface to (convention base stations, trunking base stations, repeater control).

I know there is also the new MCC7500 (I think thats the number) that is a P25 or 6.x, 7.x Smartzone console.
kj7xe

Post by kj7xe »

If anyone gets one of these and checks it out, please let us know how it goes, looks like a solid competitor to Telex's IP-223/C-Soft. we've had pretty good luck with CML products so far, other than the 15% failure rate with the MC2000 desksets...
Casey KJ7XE
ve3nsv

Post by ve3nsv »

kj7xe wrote:If anyone gets one of these and checks it out, please let us know how it goes, looks like a solid competitor to Telex's IP-223/C-Soft. we've had pretty good luck with CML products so far, other than the 15% failure rate with the MC2000 desksets...
What problem did you have with the MC2000? We had a brand new one have issue decoding MDC. Just home the replacement from /\/\ doesn't fail too.
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

RFguy wrote:
You must be thinking of a different product. This is not a "system" based product that operates on a particular system platform (P25, SmartZone etc).
It is a VOIP contol of anything the adapter will interface to (convention base stations, trunking base stations, repeater control).

I know there is also the new MCC7500 (I think thats the number) that is a P25 or 6.x, 7.x Smartzone console.
Your right.
i should have opened the picture before opening my keyboard.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Our first MC2000's also had MDC decode problems. They sent firmware upgrades and it resolved the issue.

The MC2000 lacks one very basic function and I have no idea how it got past the Motorola engineers: NO PTT ID SIDETONE.

If you set the unit for PTT ID and have a 500 ms delay (for example), there is no sidetone to the user to know when to start talking. Motorola told me "of course there has to be a side tone". Then they said (after calling CML), Oh, there is no sidetone.

A major miss on this one.
ve3nsv

Post by ve3nsv »

Don't want to hijack the thread but......

The local company had a C200 go bad (Heavy smoking environment) after about 8 years that we replaced with an MC2000. We had MDC decode issues right after replacing it and waisted a lot of time try to pin the problem down. After adjusting the audio level from the wireline card (MTR2000 4 wire full duplex) at the site and beating our heads for days we finally called Motorola. They didn't let on at all that there was a known issue and asked what equipment we where using. After I told them MTR2000 repeater full duplex wireline from the site and all users having CDM-1550's they sent a replacement out right away which solved the problem right away.

Anymore info on the firmware issue? I have the original codeplug saved, wonder if I can tell what firmware version it was using.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”