Quantar help

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Thon725

Quantar help

Post by Thon725 »

I have Quantar VHF Range2 but Power is 60Watts. it is original from motorola.I try to change PA module but it northing happen. Have stuff from motorola I will need to change Exciter.My Exciter is CLD1280A.Have someone can help me to give some idea to mod this exciter?
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Re: Quantar help

Post by n7maq »

Thon725 wrote:I have Quantar VHF Range2 but Power is 60Watts. it is original from motorola.I try to change PA module but it northing happen. Have stuff from motorola I will need to change Exciter.My Exciter is CLD1280A.Have someone can help me to give some idea to mod this exciter?
Is it set to 60 watts in the RSS?

Jim
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

All of our Quantars are factory 135 watt capable models (VHF), but RSS set to any level we desire to use depending on situation.

Battery backup power is normally less than half the rated power, but closer to 40 watts.

Remember to set your idle frequency to the transmitter's transmit frequency, or you'll be generating noise your cans will not appreciate(if the spread is outside the passband).

Almost all parameters of the Quantar are set through RSS.

Are you using the battery charging capable power supplies, or just the standard '47' version?

just curious...
Dan562
What radios do you own?: Kenwood, Yaesu, ICOM, Motorola

Post by Dan562 »

Is this VHF Quantar a Repeater with internal Duplexers?
Thon725

Post by Thon725 »

Dan562 wrote:Is this VHF Quantar a Repeater with internal Duplexers?
No it is Base station.
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

Did you at least go through the alignment procedure?

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”