PURC UHF to VHF.....Info.?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

AEC
No Longer Registered

PURC UHF to VHF.....Info.?

Post by AEC »

Good evening all!

I don't work with the PURC systems and don't even have a manual on this beast either, but I would like to know what's necessary to convert a UHF model to a VHF model, if possible.

I've been asked if there is information available to vonvert these, so I thought I would ask this question here, first.

I don't hav e model number handy, but it's the standard 100 watt model, if that's any help.

If you can provide any insight or assistance, please Email to me directly at: aec9823@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Sincerely
Ernest
Dan562
What radios do you own?: Kenwood, Yaesu, ICOM, Motorola

Re: PURC UHF to VHF.....Info.?

Post by Dan562 »

Please give us a clue, Is this a MICOR PURC or a MSF PURC5000 station configuration?
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

I guess I'll have to go back and ask some questions as pertinent info was witheld, obviously.

Maybe he'll walk in later this week, so if he does, I can find out more hopefully.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Having worked with some PURC stations in my past jobs, the best answer in trying to convert a UHF model to a
VHF model is simple. Jack up the entire UHF guts except the power supply and replace them with a VHF version.

In other words, you would be better off just locating a different base and using that one on VHF. It would be
less cost in the long run and by far less labor intensive.

Jim

AEC wrote:Good evening all!

I don't work with the PURC systems and don't even have a manual on this beast either, but I would like to know what's necessary to convert a UHF model to a VHF model, if possible.

I've been asked if there is information available to vonvert these, so I thought I would ask this question here, first.

I don't hav e model number handy, but it's the standard 100 watt model, if that's any help.

If you can provide any insight or assistance, please Email to me directly at: aec9823@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Sincerely
Ernest

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”