Quantar channel capacity

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Quantar channel capacity

Post by kcbooboo »

VHF Quantar base station: how many channels can a stock unit be programmed to operate on?

I know that an MSF5000 can hold 4 channels/modes, or up to 16 if you add external EEPROMs.

Never dealt with MTR2000s, but I suspect they too can do more than one channel/mode per station, within tuning limits.

Just wondering about a Quantar, using any kind of control (digital, tone, etc).

If you can point me to a PDF spec file that has this, it'll be good enough.

Thanks.

Bob M.
Lake Effect

Re: Quantar channel capacity

Post by Lake Effect »

Found specs on MOL saying 16 channel standard for conventional station.

L.E.
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

Thanks.

I also found a Quantar brochure on a Motorola site, and buried in the fine print it said it had the capacity for 16 frequencies.

Case closed.

Bob M.
RKG

Post by RKG »

Yes, 16 discrete channels. Constructing something to change channels is an interesting proposition; the easiest way is via Function Tones and programming the FT screen to change channels based on FT input. Alternatively, the Quantar has the ability to perform binary channel selection based on strobing auxiliary inputs.

The Quantar's repeater controller also has the ability to do Multiple PL, with some limitations.
George
What radios do you own?: X9000, HT1550XLS, MTS2000, etc

Post by George »

What are the limitations of MPL on a Quantar?

Can it act like a community repeater with PL in and PL out on some users and DPL in and DPL out on other users?

Can it do cross coding?

Can it do DPL in and PL out?

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”