Crossband Patching using Jedi's

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rileym
What radios do you own?: XTS3k's

Crossband Patching using Jedi's

Post by rileym »

Hello All,

I have a new project. I have been asked to build a corssband cable for use between an 800 Trunking MTS2000 and HT1000 VHF. Has anyone done this, and how hard is it do to?

Also, I have done some research as to a couple VHF mobile extenders to use with our 800 MCS2000's....

Any suggestions on either?

We are having trouble in our county with MABAS mutual aide channels.... They can patch them for us at dispatch, but that doesent help us always, as we mutual aide out of the county and there is only one VHF gateway (in the middle of the county)...

Thanks
I flatulate P25.
chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

Re: Crossband Patching using Jedi's

Post by chartofmaryland »

You will have some delay in transmissions going through properly, but I have fashioned some of these for multiple radio configurations before.

What are you looking for, schematic or someone to do this for you?

CoM
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.
SlimBob

Post by SlimBob »

You're in ACU-1000 Territory for a very good reason....
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Post by bellersley »

Also keep in mind that if for some reason you aren't granted a voice channel, you won't have any way of knowing you aren't transmitting on the trunked system.

On a properly designed system the odds aren't very high, but still something to keep in mind.
rileym

Post by rileym »

Looking to be able to do it with cables made for accessory ports....

We want to be able to go to simplex with 800 radios in order to talk to vhf departments on a fireground frequency (we only have to then carry one vhf - for the patch). Our dispatch can patch us in, but usually that doesn't work too well with the patching radios a county or more away (and everyone using portables) in the case where we need it.

Looking to do HT1000 to MTS2000 or MCS2000....

Those controllers are pretty cool... the ones that can do channel change on a trunked for different PL's on vhf.

Our county charges us $2.5K for a MTS2000 on our system plus airtime. We're thinking about some VHF solutions for in town and mutual aide.
I flatulate P25.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

It would be infinately easier to get two old mobiles and connect them together. The accessory port on the mobiles will give you all the audio and COR/TOR and PTT connections you need. I don't know how you would ever get a COR/TOR out of a portable radio.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
rileym

Post by rileym »

So it would be easier to do a MCS2000 and Spectra 9000?
I flatulate P25.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

I was thinking more along the lines of two Maxtrac's or GM300's or something of the sort. Even two new but cheap CDM750's would do it. I would imagine the MCS and Spectra would be a little more complex but certainly doable. I've just never messed around with either of those radios to say.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”