MIP5000 MDC/P25 signaling support

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

corona
New User

MIP5000 MDC/P25 signaling support

Post by corona »

Hi,

Does anyone know how to use the Radio Enable/Disable feature in MIP5000?

As shown in the MIP5000 brochure on /\/\ 's website (and also in its system planner), the MIP5000 should support radio enable/disable in both MDC1200 and P25 environment. However, after we actually deployed the system, we could not find a way to utilize this feature.

We use digital gateway with XTL5000 Consolette (W9) in our system, and we had called the tech support trying to get the issue solved. Well.... the console support guy told us that MIP5000 will do whatever the XTL5000 Consolette could do if we use a digital gateway so this must be something wrong with our XTL5000 configuration, and he passed our call to the mobile support department. The mobile support guy asked us to send our codeplug to check. After a few days, he told us our codeplug looks fine, and we should check with console support....

I am running out of ideas, maybe someone could shed light on me? Perhaps it is local/tone remote gateway that supports these signaling? Could anyone confirm it?

Thanks and happy new year.
caprice96
What radios do you own?: To many to list here.

Re: MIP5000 MDC/P25 signaling support

Post by caprice96 »

If you go into the CSDM you need to enable Stat-Alert on each console and then add it to the menu in the console. I will post some screen shots tomorrow and try to go in to detail further. I know it does work over MDC1200 but have never tried anything in P25.
corona
New User

Post by corona »

caprice96 wrote:If you go into the CSDM you need to enable Stat-Alert on each console and then add it to the menu in the console. I will post some screen shots tomorrow and try to go in to detail further. I know it does work over MDC1200 but have never tried anything in P25.
The Stat-Alert (Signaling) tab page only exists in Tone Gateway configuration, so I don't think it could support P25 signaling.
Please let me know if it supports P25 signaling, this could be the life-saver for us..:D..
Thanks.
Winger2002

Post by Winger2002 »

In the mcc5500 the astro signaling is produced in the console through paging, so if they try to bounce you to the xtl guys again tell them no. Look in the paging section of the mip and see if anywhere it says astro anywhere, I know it doesn't in the instruction manual so I'm doubtful. Can you get your xtl's to log digital id's? do you need an alias list? I believe this is part of the issue, kinda nice to be missing this big of a feature that's plastered everywhere.
/\/\y 2 cents
On Moderation
What radios do you own?: iPhone, Blackberry, HT220

Post by /\/\y 2 cents »

Folks,

Pure vapor! Gotta love it. However if you are using Virtual Base Station you can decode full MDC by using WINMDC (free download) to do this via IP.

Maybe now you will not just trust a name anymore. Good luck with the promise made to your cusotmer. Sure there is a tech support in India to help you turn on/ enable that hidden feature.

Steve
caprice96

Post by caprice96 »

According to Ma M with release version 2 P25 ID decoding should be supported.

" If a customer is using Motorola radios, MIP 5000 can act as a virtual control head giving access to proprietary features from the desktop such as:, display both MDC 1200 and ASTRO PTT- ID's for calls and Emergency Alarm and Calls in the Activity Window, Frequency Select, Emergency and Selective Call. It offers an affordable alternative for a mobile command or backup site and is well-suited for the radio communication needs of regional utilities and multi-site businesses."
corona
New User

Post by corona »

caprice96 wrote:According to Ma M with release version 2 P25 ID decoding should be supported.

" If a customer is using Motorola radios, MIP 5000 can act as a virtual control head giving access to proprietary features from the desktop such as:, display both MDC 1200 and ASTRO PTT- ID's for calls and Emergency Alarm and Calls in the Activity Window, Frequency Select, Emergency and Selective Call. It offers an affordable alternative for a mobile command or backup site and is well-suited for the radio communication needs of regional utilities and multi-site businesses."
Hi,

Do you have the link to the document where you quote from? Highly appreciated. In addition, do you know when V2 will be released?
Thanks.
caprice96

Post by caprice96 »

Have no idea when V2 is going to be released. The document is on MOL under the resource center.
Winger2002

Post by Winger2002 »

It has been released, allows you to use new usb jack boxes so you can connect mcc desktop mics instead of the buddy mics. M gives you new usb dongles to hold your licenses instead of calling them to activate. Also it has some diagnostic tools for your network, but I havent played with those too much.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”