MSF5000 DPL growl

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

maxjam

MSF5000 DPL growl

Post by maxjam »

I have a MSF5000 that started life as a EMS base. I reprogrammed it for repeater and disabled all options for remote control, etc. I disconnected the wildcard options from the bus. It works/sounds great, however we are using a DPL and the receivers have a low level growl. Many different portables and mobiles. Using PL or carrier it is nice and clean. I have followed the book's alignment procedures and it didn't change a bit. It is around 1Khz of deviation. I have not noticed the grown on another repeater that also uses DPL.

Thoughts and or suggestions?
xmo

Re: MSF5000 DPL growl

Post by xmo »

Distorted DPL and over-deviation of the DPL [target is 800 Hz deviation] is almost always caused by failure to properly perform the modulation compensation alignment.

This step is often missed when performing a station alignment and is especially important when the transmit frequency is changed.
maxjam

Post by maxjam »

I thought that might be the issue. I went back today and double checked that. What I saw on the monitor matched right up with Figure 4-17 on page 4-28 to the Tee for the correct waveform.
d119

Post by d119 »

What is the stations frequency error?

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”