Analog to V.24 other than Mother M???

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WB5ITT
What radios do you own?: Motorola, GE, Kenwood, Yaesu

Analog to V.24 other than Mother M???

Post by WB5ITT »

I have several sites with Quantars...all running P25 and tied to the DIUs using V.24 over 56K DDS ckts....of course we only use 9600 baud of the 56.......have opportunity to place ham rptrs at sites and want to link them together with the DDS..IF I can somehow convert the analog audio to a V.24 or compatible that will then talk to the Excalibur DAP CSU other port(s)....
Is there ANY analog to digital converter out there but cheap (HEY this is ham use :)...can use the signaling lines as COS/PTT but have to convert the audio down to the serial...I know of plenty of expensive makes (broadcast engineer for 30 yrs as well)....but havent found any cheap easy to use types.....anyone out there have any leads, etc?
Thanks!
Chris
Chris WB5ITT
Trustee, W5APX
Beaumont, TX

Motorola, you may find better but you'll never pay more! 😉
SlimBob

Re: Analog to V.24 other than Mother M???

Post by SlimBob »

It may be best to brew something with an ADC, DAC, and an Atmel controller. 56K is enough to do CVSD voice (like Securenet) bi-directionally.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”