MSF5000 max deviation

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

maxjam

MSF5000 max deviation

Post by maxjam »

After running for 5 -6 months, the MSF5000 vhf repeater suddenly was running 8khz of transmit audio. When I put
the 1v rms 1000hz tone on tp8 I ended taking the eepot all the way down the 0 to get 4.6 kHz. The in cabinet repeat audio
then was back to the proper 2kHz in for 3kHz out.

Everything else looked at is spot on. I am just wondering why that adjustment went wacky and am concerned that because I am at 0 today on #4, if I need to adjust in the future what my options will be.

Thanks.
bernie
Batboard $upporter

Re: MSF5000 max deviation

Post by bernie »

My two bits worth:
I have seen eepots get out of synch with the memory. Run the eepot to both extremes.
Be sure you have V5.xx firmware.
I do not think this portends future failure.
Aloha, Bernie
maxjam

Re: MSF5000 max deviation

Post by maxjam »

I again noticed the repeater wasn't happy. When to the site and found it at 9khz again. Ran the eepot up and down and found when the pot was at 0 I was at 9khz, when the pot was all the way up I was at 6khz. I then exited back out and looked at the programming. I noticed that it was setup for a range 1 138-158 and set it to range 2 146-168, programmed the frequencies back in and wrote it. Went back to the eepot settings and the thing lined right up on 4.6 khz with the eepot somewhere around the mid 30s.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”