MSF5000 vhf stuck on transmit with wireline PTT

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

maxjam

MSF5000 vhf stuck on transmit with wireline PTT

Post by maxjam »

I have a vhf MSF5000 that was working as a repeater. I want to use as a base with a tone remote. The original codeplug wouldn't let me enable the TTRC board so I used a default coeplug and set it up with 1 channel and 1 mode for testing. As soon as I put W in for the PTT, it will immediatley go into transmit when the codeplug is loaded. If I remove the W, and use M,L,D, etc it sits there in receive.

While in transmit, the tone remote does pass audio. I found another codeplug that had a SP field, out of a RX only tray. I put 5 channels in that one and loaded it in, and the tone remote
will change channels and pass down the rx audio properly. It just won't transmit.

I have played with the settings under advanced for local control - remote or station and it didn't make a difference. I have changed the system setting from repeater to base and duplex full/half
without any change either. It doesn't matter if the tone remote is connected or not. It is wired up 5 feet from the cabinet for testing.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
maxjam

Re: MSF5000 vhf stuck on transmit with wireline PTT

Post by maxjam »

I swapped out the SSCB and TTRC and it sill did it. I figured out that the 2nd RX only drawer was causing the issue. When I would disconnect the rj11 plug on it's TTRC board, it would stop the
first tray from transmitting. I reprogrammed the 2nd tray and now it doesn't bother the first tray. Strange.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”