R1225 and I20R ?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

arlojanis

R1225 and I20R ?

Post by arlojanis »

I saw a R1225 repeater used as a receiver and a link transmitter to feed to a voter and repeater across town. Why is it using a I20R external repeater controller instead of the internal controller?
"The world runs on radio."
Al

Re: R1225 and I20R ?

Post by Al »

The only features that the i20R offers over the internal controller that I'm aware of is multiuser capability and time logging. Could the system you're talking about have been multiuser?
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

It is a private system. Also, no need for logging.
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

From some old literature
I20R Onsite Repeater Provides up to 10 PL/DPL single-code or cross-code combinations for multiple group repeater operations, remote knock-down/set-up, in/cross-band and uni/bi- directional capabilities and CWID (Morse code). The I20R also provides battery power alert tones and Radio Service Software programming.
I would venture a guess at remote knock down/ setup or CWID
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

Thanks for all the good information. I did not know the specs on I20R. However, I can not tell they are using any of the features. I am now thinking the repeater had been used in another location as a repeater and is now just used as a link.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”