P25 on a MSR? IS IT POSSIBLE?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n*cue

P25 on a MSR? IS IT POSSIBLE?

Post by n*cue »

Is it possible to find a card somewhere that will me to operate p25 on the MSR2000 system? I am asking hoping not having to buy a msf5000 or another machine when i have this one laying around.
Any ideas?
kt2728

Re: P25 on a MSR? IS IT POSSIBLE?

Post by kt2728 »

i dont think you will be able to do p25 on anything other than a Quantar, Daniels, or some other machine built to do digital.
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!
firemedic

Post by firemedic »

Only solution I know of that you can look at is the Raytheon P25 Channel Controller, supposed to work with existing base stations to add the P25 features onto legacy base stations. Don't know all the details just the product exists. Don't figure it's cheap by any means.
Keith Dobbins N8KLD
IT Mainframe Network Engineer
W8TAP Repeater Group
Repeater Technician
Parkersburg, WV
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

I looked at the Raytheon controller when it first came out. IIRC they wanted ~$12,000 for it at the time.
d119

Post by d119 »

If you can modify the MSR to provide completely flat through and through audio, it *should* work, the issue is that it will repeat anything it hears, not just digital.

This has been done with MaxTracs (The Pager Geek has the details), I can't see why it couldn't be done with an MSR 2000... Not the best route to go though.
n*cue

Post by n*cue »

so its not entirely un-doable. i have to look into this controller and see what this thing is capable of. thankyou for the help!

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”