Motorola Quantar RSSI Measurement

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fixanythingman72

Motorola Quantar RSSI Measurement

Post by fixanythingman72 »

I am trying to look at RSSI with RSS version R14.09.01. Under service >test and measurement screen> ASTRO BER&RSSI Report, I click start RSSI Measurement, however I get a dialog box with error "Unable To Start RSSI Measurement." I am not sure why this wont work. does any one have experience with a similar problem? this is the first time I have tried to use this feature so maybe I am missing something simple.

Thanks for any help!
techtonics

Re: Motorola Quantar RSSI Measurement

Post by techtonics »

First off I am assuming that this is actually astro repeater? Do you have your astro signal being injected into the receiver?
fixanythingman72

Post by fixanythingman72 »

techtonics wrote:First off I am assuming that this is actually astro repeater? Do you have your astro signal being injected into the receiver?
Yes. This repeater is Astro capable. I am only injecting a carrier signal into the receiver and I would like to know the signal strength. Basically I am trying to roughly tune the preselector using the signal generator. I just want to get it close until I can get it on a tracking generator.
xmo

Post by xmo »

You don't need a tracking generator to align a Quantar preselector.

The Quantar Service Manual, 6881095E05, provides a procedure which uses a TRN7799A tuning probe [comes with the station] and an peak/dip indicator such as an RF millivolmeter, RF power meter, or spectrum analyzer.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”