Quantar Tx/incabinet repeat issues

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fixanythingman72

Quantar Tx/incabinet repeat issues

Post by fixanythingman72 »

I have a R2 UHF Quantar running R14.09.01 that will not Tx while receiving or from the wire line. I can key the station from RSS. The station is programed to TX and RX with a Pl. when not transmitting the idle exciter will open my HT which I would not expect since PL should not be present. It did work correctly once after entering and exiting the alignment screen in the RSS (caused access disable/enable?) however upon reseting the station the problem returned. If any one has any ideas as to the problem or troubleshooting it would be appreciated!!
d119

Re: Quantar Tx/incabinet repeat issues

Post by d119 »

Create a new codeplug in the Radio Service Software and upload it to the station. This will ensure that nothing screwy exists in the codeplug.
fixanythingman72

Maybe I missed something but I don't think you can create a new code plug from nothing. I tried an old version of the code plug from this machine with out much success. Probably still worth finding a code plug to try
fixanythingman72

I think I figured out the problem it looks like Simulcast Operation was enabled and it does not have GPS

Thanks!!
d119

Post by d119 »

There should be "training" archives within the RSS root directory. You can open one of these and configure your station using it and it should give you a clean codeplug. Glad you found your issue. Having simulcast operation enabled will cause the issues you describe.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”