Narrow Quantar

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radioguruphil

Narrow Quantar

Post by radioguruphil »

Do all Quantars support narrow banding ? I am reprogramming an older VHF Quantar. When I try to change the recieve input from 160.140 to 158.9325 it says synthesizor out of lock. Did I spell that right ? Thanks for any help.
radioguruphil

Re: Narrow Quantar

Post by radioguruphil »

I must be missing something. Software lets you change frequncy to narrow 12.5 khz. But radio won't go. It's a 96 vintage Quantar. 151.550 tx and 158.3925 rx. Any help would be welcomed.
radioguruphil

Post by radioguruphil »

Update ! You can program narrow frequencies. I can put in 158.390 , However it won't lock when I try 158. 3925. Help !
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Sounds like you need to upgrade the firmware.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Bill_G wrote:Sounds like you need to upgrade the firmware.
Get out the checkbook......
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

Just for interest, how much do the upgrades run?
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Dunno. Someone would have to call the product group, and ask.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

ENH: LATEST SHIPPING SOFTWARE X795AG 729 $1,200.00
Provides latest version of conventional software, with no feature upgrades. See below for available feature upgrades. This option CANNOT be ordered with any System Software or Feature Enhancements. REQUIRES FTP Software(CVN1077A) to perform software downloading. To utilize Ethernet capability, an Ethernet Card (PCMCIA LAN Card) is REQUIRED if using a Personal Computer (REX4429).
radioguruphil

Post by radioguruphil »

I spoke to the Motorola support, they say the Quantar will not do that frequency it's not a proper multiple. I was able to find a better frequency to use that fit. I also discovered that my station does P-25 as well as conventional. However when you use the P-25 part the multiple PL's for the conventional goes away. It will allow you to use multiple NAC's but not multiple PL's. Any inputs on this ? Thanks
Motoboy
What radios do you own?: HT1250 I saved from the dump

Post by Motoboy »

The NAC, or Network Access Code, is the PL of the P25 Digital world.

It works pretty much the same as PL. As long as the receiver keeps receiving the correct NAC, it will stay unsquelched. This goes for repeaters as well as subscribers. I've never thought of it like that before, but the analogy fits.
"I don't have a driver's license, either, and that never got me in trouble!" ~Customer
radioguruphil

Post by radioguruphil »

I understand the NACode. What I am saying is if you program your Quantar to do conventional as well as P-25, you loose the MPL function on conventional. I guess you cannot have MPL on conventionalif you are using P-25.
radioguruphil

Post by radioguruphil »

I was able to proram the radio's input to 158.4375. I was also able to make it work on P-25. It does pass the ADP encryption. However I am only able to do one NAC and one DPL or PL. I think I need a newer control board to do multiple NAC's.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”