Zetron 2000 Outbound Call to Interconnect? "PathFinder"

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Birken Vogt

Zetron 2000 Outbound Call to Interconnect? "PathFinder"

Post by Birken Vogt »

We have a Zetron 2000 with DID trunks incoming and nothing outgoing except an external modem for TAP to wide area paging.

We want to set up a radio interconnect. The interconnect accepts DID calls. We would like to utilize the functionality of the Zetron 2000 system to make the outbound (from across the same vault) connection to the radio interconnect controller.

I found this page that indicates that it could, at one time, be done:
http://www.wedophones.com/Manuals/Zetro ... df#page=15

See item 3.2.

I spoke with Zetron today and they did not know it had been done in the past. In fact their manual has what was 3.3 as now 3.2 and the "Call Routing" heading has disappeared.

I also found a document that dates from 1995 that lists PathFinder as 15-16 thousand GBP. So there are two strikes against it.

We do have PageSaver. Is there a way we can find this in an obsolete system? Or is there some workaround that somebody can come up with? I am thinking that some kind of relay that switches the DID pair over to the interconnect box when it gets the certain digits of the interconnect customer would work times three, of course. Then I would have to repeat the digits to the interconnect box. Voice mail on a failure to answer would be out of the question. Line supervision could be an issue.

Thoughts?
TxRadiotech
New User

Re: Zetron 2000 Outbound Call to Interconnect? "PathFinder"

Post by TxRadiotech »

It was my understanding that Zetron dropped the Pathfinder option when the FEDS came up with CALEA
because after the call left the 2000 - there was no way to track what number was dialed.

Disclaimer: it has been awhile since I had this conversation with Zetron, and unfortunately Zetron has lost a great number of
people that were there when it was designed and in service.
Regrettably my favorite and only contact at Zetron, Tim Berg, passed away suddendly earlier this year. He knew everything.
Birken Vogt

Re: Zetron 2000 Outbound Call to Interconnect? "PathFinder"

Post by Birken Vogt »

Is there any aftermarket Zetron support that might be able to get it installed anyway? It would be very handy to have. Zetron support is not that great any more.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”