M5 charging squeal?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tvsjr

M5 charging squeal?

Post by tvsjr »

Has anyone experienced a problem with a high-pitched (maybe 10KHz... very high) squeal/buzz when charging the M5? I've got three brand new ones sitting here charging, and they're turning off just enough noise to grate on my nerves.

Any suggestions? Is this normal?
TWL911

Post by TWL911 »

Mine has done the same thing since day 1. Luckily it only takes 20-30 minutes to charge.
Alan

Post by Alan »

These things are all under warranty. Send them back.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

I doubt that'll fix it... three brand new ones, right out of the box, all squeal. Plus TWL confirmed his does too. Guess it's part of the design. And we also know what Motorola's friendly customer disservice would do...
Alan

Post by Alan »

None of the 40+ units that we have put into service have that faulty. I say it is a warranty issue.
STicKman

Post by STicKman »

What is the latest information on this? We recently purchased several Minitor V's and they all produce this annoying squeal when charging.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

It's quiet, but yes it does that. I don't think its a warrenty problem either.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”