Minitor V's are loosing receive sensitivity

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

arlojanis

Minitor V's are loosing receive sensitivity

Post by arlojanis »

I have had two Minitor V's from the same order loose sensitivity in the rceiver. Anyone know what is happening to them? They have become very deaf. This was verified on radiation fixture with signal generator.
"The world runs on radio."
SonicSounds

Post by SonicSounds »

I have had the same thing happen to a Min V Low Band we bought (one of the first ones). Its now deaf to the world unless its close to the broadcast tower. Sensitivity is now worse than a min III.

Jon
Alan

Post by Alan »

Same here on VHF (155 mHz). Pagers are missing pages in known good signal areas.
jban
What radios do you own?: AS mob, ASIII, XTS/XTL

Post by jban »

We are having the same problems on vhf units
John B
Alan

Post by Alan »

We are having the same problems on vhf units
You can't be. Motorola says that we are the only ones having problems. There are no other reports of anyone else having issues with Minitor V pagers.
jban

Post by jban »

Well, as of last night, they just got their second offical notice of Minitor V problems!!!

I am still having problems with the amp chargers (I know, we should never have spec'ed them). We have them set for silent scan. When an alert is received in the charger, the audio clips and you can not hear the message. It continues to clip until reset. I have adjusted SQ to max. Still have problem. This is on ALL of our 60 pagers. Not to mention they won't revert to monitor mode even though they are programmed to revert SQ.

Hope this can be fixed or else we have another fine product by ma /\/\.
John B
SteveM0118

Min 5

Post by SteveM0118 »

We recently purchased 50 of he VHF Minitor 5 pagers. We purchesded ours with 2 channel capability. We have a VHF county di[patch channel and we also have our onw VHF system. We wanted to encode tones on our frequency as well as the county systyem. When I programmed them, I used the silent scan. The pager would activate, but theere would be no voice whatsoever. I contacted Motorola and tehy advised that there was a new firmware that would correct this issue. I downloaded and did the upgrade and to my surprise, they do exactly what we wanted. In the silent scan mode, the priority is on the channek 1 (county). So, if we are using our channel and teh county dispatches, the pager will activate always on channel 1 priority. I think this may address the post by jban. As far as sensitivity, we haven't had any issues with these new pagers to date.
jban

Post by jban »

I also talked with /\/\ and was advised of the same. I am in the process of upgrading now. Glad to know this looks like it will work.
John B
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

I just had another pager from the same order stop receiving when pager is any distance from tower.
hexenmeister

Post by hexenmeister »

I've been having this same exact problem, and it's really starting to get annoying. Any ideas as to what is causing it, or what can be done to fix it?? I do have firmware v3.00 if that helps...
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

I have now had 3 pagers from this order loose receive distance. The serial numbers are 136WFS. What are you serial numbers like? These are VHF 154 mHz and the only batch with this problem.
Last edited by arlojanis on Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kdean7

How can you tell

Post by kdean7 »

May seem like a newbie question but how are you determining that the units are loosing their sensitivity?
hexenmeister

Post by hexenmeister »

arlojanis wrote:I have now had 3 pagers from this order loose receive distance. The serial numbers are 136WFS21--. What are you serial numbers like? These are VHF 154 mHz and the only batch with this problem.
Yup, its a 155 mHz pager. SN is 136WFJ...
wkr518

Re: Minitor V's are loosing receive sensitivity

Post by wkr518 »

arlojanis wrote:I have had two Minitor V's from the same order loose sensitivity in the rceiver. Anyone know what is happening to them? They have become very deaf. This was verified on radiation fixture with signal generator.
I know a local Dept here had to send into Factory 12 of thier 30 Min V VHF pagers due to bad sensitivity issues.The boards were replaced and now they work fine.Poor receive was the symptom.The 12 bad serials were continous,the reaminders 18 units had different serials.
I remember when the IV was having board issues in batches.
Wayne

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”