Pocsag page to email ?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firemedic4

Pocsag page to email ?

Post by firemedic4 »

Does anyone know of a software that we decode a pocsag page then email the page out. Thanks
Bob

Post by Bob »

I have PDW running on a win2k box at home, monitoring a POCSAG stream. Then I have a filter set up to parse certain CAP codes out to a separate text file. Once the text file is created, PDW executes Bmail, a command-line email utility, to email the text to my cell phone as a text message.

The guys at work look at me funny when I reach for my cell phone at the same time they're reaching for their pagers.

In looking at PDW a little closer, you can set it up so that filtered messages get forwarded to email without executing the command line interface. My way has a little more flexibility though.
JasonL
New User

Re: Pocsag page to email ?

Post by JasonL »

Does anyone have a copy of PDW V2.3?? Or any of the newer versions? The download site has been down for a while and I cant find it anywhere else. Send me a PM if you can help. Thanks
fogster
What radios do you own?: XTS2500/5000, XPR7550/5550

Post by fogster »

JasonL wrote:Does anyone have a copy of PDW V2.3?? Or any of the newer versions? The download site has been down for a while and I cant find it anywhere else. Send me a PM if you can help. Thanks
[link (was a mirror on my site) to no longer works, nor is it needed]

I might have 2.3 around if you need that version.
Last edited by fogster on Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
fogster
What radios do you own?: XTS2500/5000, XPR7550/5550

Post by fogster »

PM sent, but I think it's working again...

http://www.gsm-antennes.nl/PDW/pdw_eng.html#downloads

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”