T900 Talkbout Pager Cradle and Software?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

T900 Talkbout Pager Cradle and Software?

Post by RESCUE161 »

MOL shows MKLN4648 as NLA, so I called Motorola as sometimes they'll still have some that they'll sell. Well, the guy never left his desk and just kept telling me that if it's not on MOL, then they don't have any more.

Any idea how I can get these items from Motorola (as in who to call directly to bypass the idiots in front of their computers)? Certainly there are still some sitting in a warehouse somewhere. I hate idiot tech support dumbasses that won't help people out...

Sorry sir, we no longer have green paint - We only carry yellow and blue and we can't sell you that if you're going to mix them to make green... :roll:
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

One thing you can always try and do - is call parts ID and ask for a parts breakdown of what is included in the kit. Sometimes they don't have the kit, but they have the yellow, green, and black paint you may need.

If it's just the cradle and now cables or anything - then you may be sol.

There were a couple guys on here who used to work for the depot who could always look it up, but we know who to thank for loosing that privilege.

-Alex
Bob

Post by Bob »

As I'm sure you're well aware, Motorola offloaded its paging business. The T900 is still around as the Unication P900. There is a cradle available for backing up and restoring the address book info. I wonder if you can use the same cradle with different software for programming the unit. Arch Wireless has the backup/restore kit available for purchase. I don't know part numbers or price though. May be worth a phone call to Arch.

Good luck.
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter

Post by RESCUE161 »

I think the Arch software is for backup/restore of data/contacts only.

I need to reprogram the frequency/capcode data.
Scott
KE4FHH
Bob

Post by Bob »

I understand as much. It might be worth looking into the cradle, however.
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter

Post by RESCUE161 »

Yeah, I have a dealer trying to locate one for me. His price includes the software package, but I'm not holding my breath.

I still need the interface itself.

I hate having to buy all of this crap as I just got an Apollo pager and it works AWESOME and does NOT need any of the programming get-up. It's all done from the keys on the pager itself.

Only reason for all of this is to have a backup pager for my work pager which is a T900.
Scott
KE4FHH

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”