Apollo Wireless Pagers

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bellersley
No Longer Registered

Apollo Wireless Pagers

Post by bellersley »

Not really a Motorola thread, however.

Is anyone on here an Apollo dealer? I'd like to order one of their pagers, but cannot find a local source. Please PM me if you're able to help. Thanks!
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Re: Apollo Wireless Pagers

Post by RESCUE161 »

I just called the number on their website and the guy sold to me direct. He gave me an awesome price too (below what was listed on their site).
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
Johnny Galaga

Post by Johnny Galaga »

That's how I got my Apollo pagers.
Analog already is interoperable.

KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Post by KB2ZTX »

bellersley wrote:Not really a Motorola thread, however.

Is anyone on here an Apollo dealer? I'd like to order one of their pagers, but cannot find a local source. Please PM me if you're able to help. Thanks!

I am a Apollo dealer - http://www.leomac.com

Jeff
KB2ZTX
Johnny Galaga

Post by Johnny Galaga »

I don't see any Apollo stuff on that website.
Analog already is interoperable.

KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Post by KB2ZTX »

Sorry, our website is in the middle of a whole new redesign. We currently do not sell stuff online, but are working on changing it. Pricing can be obtained via email or phone calls at this time

JAS
KB2ZTX
firefighter13669
New User
What radios do you own?: M1225,F3161,F70,F5061,F33,F50V

Post by firefighter13669 »

Ive looked at both apollo pagers the minitor 5 look alike and the small one.I was wondering how they compare to the motorola pagers as far as rx .
KC2VHB
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Post by KB2ZTX »

The VP100 which is basically a Motorola Keynote works ok. We have quite a few departments thant like them due to the size. I am not fond of it, but it does work, and RX is much better than a MIII/MIV. The new VP200 is really nice. I have had mine for a few months now, and it sits next to my MV at night. The audio quality i the biggest thing I notice. On a activation for my FD I hear the VP200 better than the MV. With the VP200 off I can barely hear my MV upstairs in my bedroom (pagers are down stairs).

As for Recieve signals, not really sure yet. Our main paging channel is simulcast, and is hard not to hear 2 counties away, however our county sherriff also has a vhf base at one location. On ch2 we have that, and for the most part it recieves as good, and sometimes better than the MV. As for holding up, I beat the crap out of it, and it seems to work really well, and I have not broken the clip off the back yet.
KB2ZTX

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”