Min IV Priority Scan

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cduda
What radios do you own?: GP300, HT1250, CDM1250

Min IV Priority Scan

Post by cduda »

Hello all. Agency is using a dispatch channel followed my a response channel. I have switch ' D ' set as scan, selective call, tone

Here is where the problem is/was:

User was saying when on scan, pager would not alert, but if on ' A ', it would. ( A is Tone alert on F1)

As I got looking, in the tab where Priority scan is and the scan time, the time was 2.04sec. Would this be the reason the user was not hearing the tones and the pager not alerting?

I changed the scan time to .512 (just like the min v where it works fine). I havent had it tested yet. Just wondered if anyone else seen/had this problem?

Thanks.
rileym
What radios do you own?: XTS3k's

Re: Min IV Priority Scan

Post by rileym »

yep, most likely, because if you are using standard 2-tone, the first tone is 1 second, and the second tone is 3 seconds long. If you miss a large enough part of the first out tone, it will not even bother to read the three seconds of the second tone, therefore not alerting.

I also use .49 seconds, or the time you spoke of....
I flatulate P25.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”