Alphanumeric pager crystals

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Zack08

Alphanumeric pager crystals

Post by Zack08 »

Where do you guys get your crystals from? I have a couple Advisor Golds that I wanted to set up on VHF, but the only crystal sources I found charge 10 to 20 dollars per crystal and some places even have a minimum order. I only need a couple crystals and since it's for one of my personal projects, I dont really want to pay that much.

I tried searching for places that sold excess or even used stock, but have had no luck.

Any ideas?
RFguy

Re: Alphanumeric pager crystals

Post by RFguy »

$10 to $20 per crystal in small quantiies (less than 25) is a good price.
Zack08

Post by Zack08 »

Ah, okay. I only need like three crystals, but $60 seems like a lot since these pagers were bought cheaply from eBay :lol:

It looks like I'll just pay what I need to, because I hate having these pagers that I cant use....

Thanks!
goblue

Post by goblue »

I have plenty of VHF crystals....they are common carrier freqs...$5 each....if you need odd ball freqs then 15 to 20 is about right as they usually have to be special order
wizardgmb
New User

Post by wizardgmb »

I wanted to purchase 20 or so VHF alpha pagers to build a transportable system for use at community events where amateurs are providing communications. When I looked into purchasing new crystals, the price of used pagers palled in comparison. I switched to synthesized pagers because in small quantities the cost wasn't much higher than a used pager and a replacement crystal for a non-carrier frequency. The best part is that if the current frequency isn't available or I take the system out of my local area, I can change frequency without having to purchase new crystals.

Synthesized Alphanumeric pagers like the Unication Alpha Gold can be had for $35 each on ebay. I purchased a lot of 50 of these pagers that need repairs for $100 and hope that mixing and matching parts will yield 20 usable units.

Regards,
George
Johnny Galaga

Post by Johnny Galaga »

But how do you know if eBay pagers have passwords? Even the sellers usually don't know.
Analog already is interoperable.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”