Stored voice wont store; after two tones PLUS alert tone

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firefighter2000
What radios do you own?: XTS3000 MTS2000 M1225 HT1000

Stored voice wont store; after two tones PLUS alert tone

Post by firefighter2000 »

I have a minitor IV with stored voice. When we're dispatched, you have the two tones that "ALERT" the pager... Then a fast hi-lo tone Im guessing is just an attention tone or whatever. Problem is, as soon as the fast hi-lo tone starts going off the stored voice cuts off so that only about one second is stored and nothing more. Anyone help?
Thanks
Craig
RFguy

Re: Stored voice wont store; after two tones PLUS alert tone

Post by RFguy »

Does the carrier drop between the 2-tone and the warble tone, or between the warble tone and the voice?

There is a setting in the Minitor that will ignor carrier drops for a certain period. If that is not set, then as soon as the carrier drops, the recording stops. (I think it is revert-N??)
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Re: Stored voice wont store; after two tones PLUS alert tone

Post by n7maq »

RFguy wrote:Does the carrier drop between the 2-tone and the warble tone, or between the warble tone and the voice?

There is a setting in the Minitor that will ignor carrier drops for a certain period. If that is not set, then as soon as the carrier drops, the recording stops. (I think it is revert-N??)
Correct on the Revert-N, try Revert-10. (it will change it to something like 9.87, but that is OK)

Jim

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”