Minitor 4 randomly does not alert

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dsheli

Minitor 4 randomly does not alert

Post by dsheli »

Hey guys I have a question for you. I have a minitor 4 and so far it has worked great (compared to everyone having problems with their V's). When I go to sleep I set my pager next to my bed and it seems that occasionally it will not alert. I live on the 3rd floor of a APT which is on a large hill in my county so I don't think it is a reception problem. This very rare that is does not alert, like maybe once every 3-4 weeks. My question is whether or not there is a valid problem with the pager or its something I don't have control over. If it is the so called solder problem could I fix this myself and if so are there any instructions on the internet?
Thanks,
David Stewart
aaknitt

Re: Minitor 4 randomly does not alert

Post by aaknitt »

Here's how to do the solder fix:

http://radioetcetera.googlepages.com/minitoriiifix

I've had so-so success with it. It always works for awhile, but sometimes fails again relatively soon.

Andy

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”