Minitor V frequency question

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

CFD_1534
What radios do you own?: too many

Minitor V frequency question

Post by CFD_1534 »

Can the Minitor V be programmed out of band any? Here in my county the Fire channel is 453.975 and the rescue squad channel is 462.975, and I'm on both a fire dept and the rescue squad and hate having to carry around a radio and a pager and was just wondering if my 2 ch. minitor V can be programmed just a little outside its upper limit (461.9XX) so I can have my pager scan both these channel? Thanks,

-Ed
Ed
res6cue

Re: Minitor V frequency question

Post by res6cue »

As far as I remember, the most you can push it legitimately within the software is 0.5 MHz +/- the specified bandsplit. That would leave you 0.4775 MHz short at 462.4975. You may be able to do something with a hex editor, but I can't attest to or verify that.

The III/IV/V bandspilts really are terrible. There really ought to be a 450 - 470 split like the II's had. There are so many FD/EMS agencies that have frequencies in that 45x and 46x range, that it boggles the mind to think they would split the band where they did. Just one more thing to dislike about every Minitor that came after the II I guess. :x
wkr518

Re: Minitor V frequency question

Post by wkr518 »

I have special ordered Apollo VP200 pagers that were F1 453 and F2 462 before.
The company is in CA and can be reached at 800-540-5700
I have a few customers who need both those splits in one pager.Thier frustration led them to order some of the VP200 units.
Wayne
nothing

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”