Advisor Elite personal/maildrop programming

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Batboard $upporter

Advisor Elite personal/maildrop programming

Post by 515 »

I'm trying to get this 900 MHz FLEX Advisor Elite to work with a couple of capcodes. It seems no matter how I program the thing, the incoming pages always go to maildrops. I'd like one of the two capcodes to go the "personal" slot, where it would store more than the 4 messages the maildrop slots hold.

I had an Advisor Elite before this one that died, and it was programmed to have the one capcode in the personal section, and the other in the maildrop. So I know it can be done...

Right now I've got the capcode that I want to be the personal one in the first address (ADDR 1), and the 2nd capcode that I want as a maildrop in the 2nd address (ADDR 2).

I think I've tried every combination of "Allow Personal"=YES/NO, "Maildrop History"=YES/NO, "Address Type"=GROUP/INDIVIDUAL for both capcodes, and the incoming pages for both always end up in two separate maildrop slots. But maybe I'm missing something?
Victor Xray

Re: Advisor Elite personal/maildrop programming

Post by Victor Xray »

Some capcodes are defined as maildrops if they reside within a certain block/range of capcodes and you can't change this irregardless of how you have the pager setup. Do a google search, I read about this online somewhere.
Batboard $upporter

Post by 515 »

Thanks for the reply... I was thinking it might be something like that, but the dead Advisor Elite that I'm trying to replace with this new one was programmed for the same two capcodes, and the one went to the personal section.

I thought I saved a codeplug when I programmed the original (now dead) one several years ago, but it seems the software 'forgets' the codeplug data right after you program the pager. So I must not have saved it... Fortuantely I have the capcodes written down.

Just last night, I tried programming it again, setting the first address to Individual, where the capcode changes to the shorter 7-digit version from the 9 digit one. It still gets the pages, but they're still going to maildrop slots.
Batboard $upporter

Post by 515 »

Think I finally got it figured out. It turns out there is a different capcode for the one address to receive pages to the 'personal' slot. I was able to read out the dead pager to get this info.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”