Programming Minitor V

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

EMTof1963
New User

Programming Minitor V

Post by EMTof1963 »

hello,

im trying to program my VHF Minitor V to 147.000 it will take the frequency but i am unable to hear audio but if i program it to our local ems or fire i hear that clear as day any reasons why this might be happening am i doing something wrong i do have the correct band please help!! Thanks
ai4ui
was kf4pxz

Re: Programming Minitor V

Post by ai4ui »

VHF Minitor V pagers come in four band splits and will not go very far outside of the split it came from the factory as. I am assuming you have a 151.000-158.9975 band split pager and you are wanting to go to 147.000 - it's not gonna do it; you are asking it to go 4 MHZ below its split. The software will take it and I'm sure you got a warning pop up on the PPS telling you that performance will suffer for out of split use. Now you know just how badly performance has suffered. I have a 151-158.9975 Minitor V that I have programmed on 159.405 and it works okay, but that's no where near what you are trying to do.

Here are the splits:

143-150.9975
151-159.9975 (most PS pagers in the US will be this split)
159-166.9975
167-174.9975

If you used the engineering hack listed on this board and told your pager it is now a low split pager, the electronics are still for the original split and are not capable receiving the frequency without some serious retuning and possibly physical modification. After you did all that you would loose the ability to hear the FD frequency.

If this is a two channel pager & you are wanting to listen to your local ham repeater and your fire dept. channel, you can't do it with this device.
Wyrd bið ful ãræd, Fate is inexorable...
arkansawbearhunter
New User

Re: Programming Minitor V

Post by arkansawbearhunter »

Was reading an old post reply to a question on frequency splits for a M V pager. Is there any way to fudge on these limits? Seems like somewhere I saw a post on using a hex editor to stretch the limits out a little? I am trying to puty one on 150.995 , it will accept it, but the pager does strange things after I program it with that freq. EG.. wont stay in monitor mode when page is finished... I have tried all types of setting combinations, even called motorola and all they would tell me is it wont work - out of band. Surely there is a way to move it a little. Any help appreciated

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”