Replacing Minitor V RF Boards ...

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

knr
New User

Replacing Minitor V RF Boards ...

Post by knr »

Everyone,

Would anyone happen to know if it is possible to replace the radio frequency boards in the Minitor V pagers?

I was given a UHF Minitor V dual channel that I'd like to convert to 151 - 158 VHF. I've already done the "hard work" in engineering mode, now I need to do the serious hard work and swap the RF boards.

I haven't been able to locate any part numbers for the radio board, or even a phone number for M that I could call to order the board itself.

Anyone have any thoughts or insight?

Thanks,

-Kyle
tcash158

Re: Replacing Minitor V RF Boards ...

Post by tcash158 »

Why do you have to change the rf board in the pager, cant you just change the band split?
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

Motorola does not sell parts for the Min V. They consider it to be depot repair only due to the intrinsically safe rating. NOTE: Once you open the housing, your pager is no longer IS or FM approved.
Dave
ai4ui
was kf4pxz

Post by ai4ui »

DJP126 is exactly right. The only parts you can buy are the belt clip, the battery, and the little tab thingy that holds the battery in place. I am having a real issue with the rubber that covers the reset button decaying. Every time one of our pagers does this I have to send it on a Mexican vacation (at $80 a pop no less) for what is really a bad design made with inferior materials. Never had this problem w/ Minitor IIs.

The best thing you could do is trade it for what you are looking for, or sell it out right & buy what you are looking for. Probably not a huge demand for UHF pagers, so good luck.

To answer the other poster, changing the bandsplit won't work. Electrically it is a UHF receiver. Just telling it that it is a VHF receiver won't make it a VHF receiver. None of the parts are resonate on any VHF frequencies.
Wyrd bið ful ãræd, Fate is inexorable...

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”