Minitor V Problem

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

abross
New User

Minitor V Problem

Post by abross »

Hi. I have a Minitor V. Not to long ago, I noticed that the maximum volume was suddenly lower than when I bought it about a year ago. When I have it on monitor, I have to press the button to hear anything. When I first got it, I didn't have to do anything, and it worked right. I haven't dropped it many times, and the times that I did drop it, it wasn't bad enough to effect it. I did get it a little wet, but it was only rain. Any ideas of what may be wrong?
MOTO_LR

Re: Minitor V Problem

Post by MOTO_LR »

This is a fairly common Minitor V problem.
The fix is to take the front off of the pager and disassemble the front.
The only tool you will need is a T6 driver.
Be very careful when you take it apart because the two contact pins will be loose
and they and their springs will take a trip across the room if you don't watch it.
You will want to be sure that the springs and pins are clean and that the surfaces
they contact on the speaker and main pager circuit board are clean.
The other problem is that the springs may have become compressed and are
no longer providing the tension required to make proper contact. I usually
stretch (very carefully) the springs a small amount.

I have had one Minitor V where the problem was a bad speaker.
The speaker is not available from Motorola.
If you need that, I have good, used, complete front housing assemblies for $25.00 + shipping.

Another problem that occurs with the Minitor V audio is a bad volume control.
That condition is normally very low audio and you cannot vary it by turning the control.
There is a person that sells replacement Minitor V volume controls on eBay.

Hope this helps!

Bob
abross
New User

Re: Minitor V Problem

Post by abross »

Thanks for the quick response. Now I know how weird this is going to sound, but for a while, when I had it on monitor, if there was any sort of transmission, it wouldn't come in, but every so often, i would get little bits and pieces of it. To hear the continuous transmission, i had to hold down the button. Now here's the weird part. If I had the pager sitting on a table, if I move my hand (not touching the pager) around the pager, it would make the audio cut in and out.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”