Minitor V - Battery wont charge in the pager

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

IRS_BDN_MB

Minitor V - Battery wont charge in the pager

Post by IRS_BDN_MB »

I can charge a Minitor V battery alone in the charger but when the battery is in the pager and on the charger it only works the odd time, mostly the red LED just blinks continually. The pager has been in service 3 years so the contacts show some minor wear. I tried cleaning the contacts on the bottom of the pager but it still charges intermittently. Other pagers charge fine in this charger.

I have had this problem with pagers in the past but they were still under warranty so I never attempted repairing them.

Has anyone ever found out what happens to the Minitor V's that prevents them from charging the battery when the entire unit is placed in the charger?

I am aware the Minitor V charger has issues. The charger I am using is brand new and known to be okay.

Thanks,
commtek
Batboard $upporter

Re: Minitor V - Battery wont charge in the pager

Post by commtek »

This is a known issue. Needs sent back to Mexirola.
IRS_BDN_MB

Post by IRS_BDN_MB »

I now have 3 of them with this same issue. None of them have warranty remaining. I would prefer to fix them but I am having difficulty following the traces and locating the cause of the fault.

I just figured someone smarter them me has concurred this problem by now.

Andy
Fireman110
New User

Post by Fireman110 »

If it's the standard charger and is the A series Motorola will replace it. Contact your dealer.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”