Help needed with Minitor II SV

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

blaster668
New User

Help needed with Minitor II SV

Post by blaster668 »

I just received a few Minitor II SV pagers, and am having difficulty in getting them to work the way I want. When tripped the pager will open the squelch for the duration of the record time, then it only opens when there is a signal. I really dislike this "white noise" so I did some searching and found the following thread on converting a director SV to a Minitor http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=86707 . Based on suggestions in that thread, I closed solder joint JU3D5. This did get rid of the white noise, but instead I now hear nothing until the recording time ends. Also in this configuration, nothing actually gets recorded.

Is there a way to make this pager behave like the non SV model I had in the past? That is, when the pager trips you don't hear anything until someone actually talks, but the pager continues to monitor like this until the reset button is pushed. I honestly don't even care about the SV features if they need to be deactivated.
mojo3120

Re: Help needed with Minitor II SV

Post by mojo3120 »

I've got a non SV Minitor 2 that I've got no use for (it's not on our frequency). You can take the guts out of it, swap the receiver board and tone reeds with yours and your good to go. I did the opposite....found a SV model and swapped my board/reeds, that's why I have this one now.

$10+shipping and it's yours.
blaster668
New User

Re: Help needed with Minitor II SV

Post by blaster668 »

Well, I will be getting several Low Band Minitor II's next week. If I can swap these VHF High RF boards into them, that is what I intend to do.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”