Minitor V Troubles

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

THunter
New User

Minitor V Troubles

Post by THunter »

I have a Minitor V that I purchased, it was working great for around a year or so - however, now I'm having some troubles with it. When it is on selective call frequency, the alerts will sound, but the channel will only remain open for a short while. On Monitor Frequency - the alert will open the channel to hear the knockout, but it will also just stay open for a few seconds. The channel does not stay opened up like it use to. Running firmware 3.0. I do have programming capabilities - but I really don't want to change anything in fear that I might change a setting I don't need to change. Any suggestions before I send it back for repair work?
ai4ui
was kf4pxz

Re: Minitor V Troubles

Post by ai4ui »

Unfortunately these are not really field repairable. If they start doing things that they are not programmed to do then you pretty much have to send them to Guadalajara for repair. If you have your saved template you could try to reload it and see what happens, but that's about it.
Wyrd bið ful ãræd, Fate is inexorable...
Pat

Re: Minitor V Troubles

Post by Pat »

Out of curiosity were you able to fix your issues by reprogramming the pager or did you have to send it in for repair?

One of the ambulance services in our county has started to have the same problem with 4 - 5 of their pagers.

Pat

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”