Motorola Advisor II Frequency Out of Range Error

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

paemt
New User
What radios do you own?: XTS3000

Motorola Advisor II Frequency Out of Range Error

Post by paemt »

I am trying to program a motorola advisor II. Currently the frequency is on 152.48, I am trying to put it on 152.18. The software lets me enter the frequency, however when I try to write to the pager it gives me an error that the frequency is out of band and says press any key to abort. This makes no sense to me because they are so similar. Also if I read the pager and try to write the same programming info (no changes, same freq.) it gives me the same error.

Anyone ever had this issue? I don't understand how it won't reprogram what it is already programmed to. I have tried using the unigold, unielite, and PF169 software with no success.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Re: Motorola Advisor II Frequency Out of Range Error

Post by Tom in D.C. »

This might or might not work. Try entering the frequency with the keyboard shift key held down, but if you have to put in the decimal point in the middle let go of the shift key to do that one character. It's worth a shot.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”