Minitor V Coding Options

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radio230

Minitor V Coding Options

Post by radio230 »

My FD has just gotten a programming base for our Minitor V pagers. I am figuring out the various programming options in the pps but two things are still not clearly understood.

What exactly is the on duty / off duty function. I have not been able to find documentation on that. Also the coding option under the call tones screen. I understand it changes which sets can be programmed, but what else. Nothing I can find list exactly what each coding option does. And why not just have it so can program whatever you want like with the none option.

Anybaody able to calrify this for me?
Dan Collins
Telecommunicator - Cahokia, IL Police Department
Firefighter - Cahokia Volunteer Fire Department
kinnelonfire75
New User
What radios do you own?: Min4, Min5, CDM1250, HT1250

Re: Minitor V Coding Options

Post by kinnelonfire75 »

Dan, the on/off duty function is for when you have a crew on duty but you want your members to carry their pagers - however not get toned out for the duty crew dispatches. I believe that you need a minimum of two sets of tones for this. If your fire dept only has firefighters dispatched simultaneously (no standby crews or people working around the clock) then you can just ignore this option. My ambulance squad uses the duty option when we have a crew taking a call and need a second ambulance on the road, then the page goes to the duty crew as well as the off duty members so that they could respond. I hope that makes sense.

I will get back to you on the other stuff shortly.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”