Minitor V Vibrate Not Working - Self Repair?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

aaknitt

Minitor V Vibrate Not Working - Self Repair?

Post by aaknitt »

Have a Minitor V that the vibrate function stopped working on. Doesn't vibrate at all, even when you turn it on set on vibrate channel. Wondering if this is a common problem with a commonly known fix. Either way, is there a way to disassemble an M5 without busting up the case like on the M3/M4? Haven't yet tried an M5.

Thanks,

Andy
tvsjr

Re: Minitor V Vibrate Not Working - Self Repair?

Post by tvsjr »

They come apart nicely - just be aware of the spring-loaded contacts that connect the speaker to the main board. You'll know what I mean when one either hits you in the eye or flies into the most inaccessible corner. Pull clip, battery, knobs, and allen screws from the back and you're good to go.

I seem to recall the vibrator is a discrete module that attaches to the main board - might be worth trying to clean the contacts/reseat it.

Personally, I just depot the things. They're more of a pain than they're worth, and I get a brand-new pager with new knobs, button, etc.
aaknitt

Post by aaknitt »

Thanks. You weren't kidding, that was pretty simple. Getting 4V to the contacts during power up, and 4V to the motor gets no motion, so I guess it's time for a new motor.

Andy
aaknitt

Post by aaknitt »

Scratch that, motor was fine. Cleaned up the contacts a bit (even though they looked clean), and we're good to go. Thanks for the tip!

Andy

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”