Minitor V Pagers-Constant Problems

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SWFLFFPM
New User

Minitor V Pagers-Constant Problems

Post by SWFLFFPM »

I've been using MinitorV pagers for several years and they have been a constant source of problems.

The main issue is the double flashing red indicators on the charger-amps. Sometimes this goes on for months and the pager works fine but usually the pager and/or battery and/or charger amp goes bad and must be replaced. It seems like no matter what I do all my MVs go through this cycle of problems.

I know that there was a battery recall in the early versions but those are long gone. I also replaced all my recalled charger amps with the "C" version. This helped the most but I still continue to have the same problem over and over-all with different units/batteries/charger amps.

I replaced all my batteries with new ones. This usually lasts a few months at best before I get a dead pager or the dreaded double flashing red lights.

Ideas?

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”