2007 Durango tips and tricks?

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

2007 Durango tips and tricks?

Post by Pj »

Anyone have any tips on dropping the headliners, installing stuff and all that jazz?

I have a civilian model with the overhead hvac that I need to turn into a chief's vehicle and the whole truck looks annoying.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: 2007 Durango tips and tricks?

Post by spectragod »

Pj wrote:Anyone have any tips on dropping the headliners, installing stuff and all that jazz?

I have a civilian model with the overhead hvac that I need to turn into a chief's vehicle and the whole truck looks annoying.
The only tip I have is, if you are doing it as a business to make money, triple the price of a normal install, you MAY break even.... I hate those trucks.

Seriously, you will need to take it apart piece by piece, if it has side curtain airbags, you will need to run most every overhead wire down the "D" pillar and back forward from there.

Breaching the firewall (safely) has always been a issue for me on these, not a lot of area's to choose from, and it (for me) has seemed to vary based on the year and equipment level that was installed in the truck.

A list of equipment would help board members make a better determination of what to do install wise and the level of tear down required.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: 2007 Durango tips and tricks?

Post by Pj »

Whelen lightbar, havis custom drop in console, 2-3 roof antennas, dual head remote mount xtl2500 (second head in cargo area) m1225 in rear cargo, pair of front grill lights, pair of vertex in the rear. One or two speaker in the grill (no brush guard).

Not sure if the light/siren controller will be remote mount or not. Have some donate stuff coming but that's the general plan.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”