2014 Utility Interceptor Brake, Tail light, kill switch

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jdw911
New User

2014 Utility Interceptor Brake, Tail light, kill switch

Post by jdw911 »

I am checking to see if anyone has done a kill switch to kill brake lights, tail lights and reverse lights in a new 2013 or 2014 ford police interceptor utility. In the upfitter guide it says go to section two but can't seem to find out to do it as they don't want you to splice into the wiring.

Any thoughts or recommendations.

Thanks
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: 2014 Utility Interceptor Brake, Tail light, kill switch

Post by spectragod »

jdw911 wrote:I am checking to see if anyone has done a kill switch to kill brake lights, tail lights and reverse lights in a new 2013 or 2014 ford police interceptor utility. In the upfitter guide it says go to section two but can't seem to find out to do it as they don't want you to splice into the wiring.

Any thoughts or recommendations.

Thanks
IIRC, the brake wire is blue with a gray tracer going into the BCM on the drivers side, you can split it there "before" the BCM, I understand that is "safe", I would have to check my notes at work to verify the color combo though.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”