Tahoe headlight taillight flasher install police package

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

J321#111
New User

Tahoe headlight taillight flasher install police package

Post by J321#111 »

I recently bought Whelen headlight taillight flasher for my 2009 chevy Tahoe ssv which is a police package vehicle I,m having problems finding information on how to activate ssfposi6 which is a plug and play unit I talked to whelen and was advised it will work with my vehicle Unit plugs into my harness but don't know how to activate flasher found information online saying there is an activation wire under dash but no wire was found and was told that wire was used if you got headlight taillight flasher installed from factory so I have ran out of idea any information will help thanks you.
tuckerm

Re: Tahoe headlight taillight flasher install police package

Post by tuckerm »

You might be better off searching/asking elightbars.org
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
J321#111
New User

Post by J321#111 »

Well thanks for the help ill took them up!
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

In the police harness that should be under the dash if it hasnt been cut out aready its the dark green/ red wire put 12v to turn it on
J321#111
New User

Post by J321#111 »

I read in one of the forums that the wire your speaking of was for factory headlight and taillight flasher install I tried looking for that wire was unable to locate wire im honestly lost people say to buy whelen ssfposi6 product if it wasn't installed from factory and others say for aftermarket products to work you must program bcm to make taillight flasher work correctly.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

If you have a police package tahoe it has the factory harness under the dash its a bundle of about 9 wires. Also there is a plug under the pasenger side headlight that the flasher plugs into. There is no reprogramming of any BCM to enable the flasher. The plug and play flasher is made by a few companies whelen is just one of many.
J321#111
New User

Post by J321#111 »

Thanks for the help ill just have to look harder for those wires then! its hasn't been easy getting info for this flasher and whelen had no clue about any activation wire needed.
K4RMN
New User

Post by K4RMN »

I have the same one on my police package Impala. Tap the red wire and run it to constant 12v power (battery) and tap the orange wire and run it to your switch.
J321#111
New User

Post by J321#111 »

I looked for the activation wire and wasnt able to locate it maybe it was cut i don't know its tough getting information on it from gm i bough Whelen plug and play flasher just waiting for information on where else to look for these wires under dash! Where were your activation wires in your impala and was the flasher moduel already installed or did you buy an aftermarket flasher?

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”