Toyota Sequoia Wig-Wags

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Mikey
What radios do you own?: CDM1550 LS+, HT1250, MCS2000

Toyota Sequoia Wig-Wags

Post by Mikey »

I'm looking at buying a 2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV, What kind of Wig-Wags will work on this vehicle?, I'm guessing its the same as the 06 Tundra in design. Is it positive or Negative Switching? Any feedback on hints about the Sequoia or Tundra would help me out a bunch.

Mike
giguchan
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: CDM 1550's UHF/VHF HT1550'S

Re: Toyota Sequoia Wig-Wags

Post by giguchan »

Did you ever get your situation sorted out? I am curious. One of the guys i know just gave up and when to the local 2 way shop, gave them a CC and he was done with it. he's quite happy with the install. He had a Toyo too..
Hope it all worked out for you.
Radios by Fisher-Price? Never!!!
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Haven't got it resolved yet, i put the purchase of the Sequia on the back burner till they sort out the "run a way" problems that are plaqueing Toyota right now. LOL
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

I did not think that the problem affected your year of Sequoia. I have had toyo's all my life... i'm skeptical... about this.. well the last report anyhow.. the guy On the west coast.. something's fishy..
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yah, i'm just holding off too see, I might be able to get a good deal on a Toyota in the future thanks to all the problems there having with them, I'm sure they will drop the price of them to gain back the consumers trust.
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

on a 2006? ok.. i never thought of that.. i've been looking for one for a while now, but when i go to look most of them are 2wd.. i like to have a 4wd.. and the ones here in the NE or pretty beat up..si i have been looking all over the country.. i have been getting prices from about18-22k you any better?
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Wow, all the prices i'm getting here on a loaded 4x4 is around the 27-30K range on a certified used from a toyota dealer.
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

on a 2006? i dont think i would pay that kinda money for a truck that is that old... cpo or not... at that price it had better be 4wd, less than50k on the clock and at least an sr5..not a limited..
where are you looking? ebay? local dealers? i'm in NY you?
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

IT was low mileage SR5 limited, and it was a local dealer in the Kansas City Missouri area, thats they area i'm from
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

wow!
Good for you... best of luck with it man... i wanted one to pull my jetski and my pop up camper.. I think i will have to look out of state more..
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
qwert77
New User
What radios do you own?: HT1250, XTS2500, XTS5000, XPR

Post by qwert77 »

I looked at putting wig-wags in my 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser but it gets a little hairy with the way the day time running lights are set up. I also called a few wig wag manufacturers and they were not so keen on the idea either so I gave up. I am not sure if the Sequoia has DRL or not but I find the Toyota wiring is pretty complex and doesn't like to be modified.

Not saying its impossible, I just didn't want to have to pay big bucks if I messed something up.

Ted
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

you know what? I dont reccomend it either... Toyotas are not like a lot of other vehicles Might be the reason that public service does not employ that many.. I have seen 4 runner cop cars on the west coast but thats about it.. I'm sure someone said someplace "lets stick with the domestics" they are easier to deal with... I have never heard of a police pkg Toyota before...

The first thing they will say it's "your fault" and yes you will get stuck with a big bil... If you want to go wiring radios,sirens and emergency warning systems into your import.. I also suggest Dont. the aftermarket folks dont make kits for these vehicles because they know it's wont be worth it.

I am sure that DRL wont be an easy thing to deal with..my VOLLYsq has a MD authorized to put what ever he wants into his POV. and like any decent ER MD he drives an Escalade... he had more trouble find stuff for it and has had more electricial problems- wig wags? with HID? uh no.. no thank you..

I am pretty lucky i have a take home Chevy Frailblazer.. I can put all the radios in it i want. I cannot do that with My 4 runner.I have portables for that.
Good luck..
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
adrianglock
New User

Post by adrianglock »

I also own a Toyota sequoia I'm also running curious on this kind of issue! I wanted something in-front of my bumper, I'm planning to install one but I'm not familiar with the installation and wiring. Hope someone could sort it out coz I'm really having trouble making it working perfectly.
"Drive Greener - Driver Cleaner"
Ford Truck Antennas

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”