CF-29 USB issue with CPS

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

copsdoc
New User

CF-29 USB issue with CPS

Post by copsdoc »

Hello,
I am currently trying to use a CF-29 with the most recent version of CPS v17 and after I install the CPS I hook the xts-2500 up to the USB and it see's it and installs the drivers. When I hook up a xts-5000 it beeps like it see's it but never loads the drivers. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

One more thing, does anyone know if the USB to serial will work with the CF-29 to program the xtl series radios?

Thanks in advance.

Michael
Jim202

Re: CF-29 USB issue with CPS

Post by Jim202 »

copsdoc wrote:Hello,
I am currently trying to use a CF-29 with the most recent version of CPS v17 and after I install the CPS I hook the xts-2500 up to the USB and it see's it and installs the drivers. When I hook up a xts-5000 it beeps like it see's it but never loads the drivers. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

One more thing, does anyone know if the USB to serial will work with the CF-29 to program the xtl series radios?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Are you changing radios after programming or is this from a cold start? I have noticed that in many cases, the software doesn't like to change radio models with out doing a fresh boot.

Jim
copsdoc
New User

Post by copsdoc »

I have tried both cold start (boot computer, start cps, connect radio, turn radio on) and hot swap between 2500 and 5000. The CPS sees the 2500 and installed the drivers but it doesn't see the 5000. The computer does beep like it sees a USB device but does not show up under device manager.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

copsdoc wrote:I have tried both cold start (boot computer, start cps, connect radio, turn radio on) and hot swap between 2500 and 5000. The CPS sees the 2500 and installed the drivers but it doesn't see the 5000. The computer does beep like it sees a USB device but does not show up under device manager.
This might seem like a dumb question, but it catches me quit often when I am swapping between radios. Make sure the program is looking for the correct connection. Click on view at the top of the screen and look at the com port connection. I do swap cables frequently and keep finding I have the wrong com port or USB selection there.

Sometimes it takes having the program cable connected to the radio and computer. Then do a power down and back on for the radio to recycle. Don't ask me why, I wasn't one of the stupid software programmers that wrote the software.

Jim

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”